Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Where is the courtesy




Author
Miguel Rivas
CEO - First Choice Solutions




As the years are passing by I found that 24 hours a day isn't enough with all the activities that needs to be taking care of on a daily basis and even if you delegate there is always something that we have to do, could be at the office or could be at home.

By common sense entrepreneurs will have a vision and mission and will work hard to go ahead and get it but it doesn't mean we need to forget values or the sensibility. How many times have you call and office and you get an angry bored receptionist picking up the phone and say hello may I help you like if they don't want to be on the phone, I am mean seriously I am not taking bad against them but if I am a buyer I may look another option because I received a wrong first impression or what if you leave a message and you were never contacted back like if people don't care about if you need a service or want to establish a business relationship.

Long time ago I called an SEO firm willing to get some information maybe shopping for prices, and the owner of the company pick up to phone rushing but anyways I started asking about his services but miss understood the message and told me we are not looking to buy anything from you and hang up on me, I didn't care about it and call him back to clear up that I was not selling if not trying to buy from him but the smart guy came to me again and told me I don't need anything from you and hang up. Some times we lose businesses for not paying attention to our prospects or even ignoring what they need which is not only losing a sale but discourtesy.

The fact that time is value as gold is true but we need to slow down and use the courtesy if we don't want to affect our brand/company.

No comments:

Post a Comment